And I’m anxious.
And all I do when I can’t sleep is think about how amazing it will be to have my own classroom. And what I could do with it. And how I would FINALLY be a real teacher, after so many years of coming close.
But there’s still a large chance that I won’t get the job. You figure, they probably interview at least five people. I’m no math teacher, but that’s a 20% chance that I will get the job, versus 80% chance I won’t. I know someone has to get the job.
But while I’m lying awake at night, unable to sleep, and dreaming about the what ifs, it’s hard to see past the 80% saying it won’t be me.